News: Welcome to our new and improved forum. Be sure to check out the new Bottlehead.com website too.
April 19, 2014, 06:51:57 pm

Author Topic: Help Please, Windows Media Player Refuses To "Rip"  (Read 4434 times)

Offline earwaxxer

• View Profile
Re: Help Please, Windows Media Player Refuses To "Rip"
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2012, 08:58:17 am »
Hey Granger -

I can relate to ripping frustrations! I think part of the cause is the new copy protection, I have an older Vista laptop that seems to rip the 'unrippable' cds that I have. Hold down the shift key when inserting the cd. Keep it down until the program loads the cd. I also have several good rippers to choose from. First choice is EAC and Dbpoweramp. I STILL have a cd that, for the life of me I cant rip - Radiohead 'Ok Computer'. Crazy copy protection or something. Not bad though for almost 1000 cds ripped to hard drive!
Eric
Emotiva XPA-2, Magnepan MMG (mod), Quickie (mod), JRiver, Wyrd4sound uLink, Schiit Gungnir, JPS Digital power cord, MIT power cord, JPS Labs ultraconductor wire throughout, HSU sub. powered by Crown.

Offline Grainger49

• Nixies Are Cool ! ! !
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2012, 11:24:57 am »
For good copies of a CD in CD form I use EAC too.  I just like to have some music when working on the desktop computer. 

I don't believe that EAC can't copy your Radiohead CD.  It has never failed me.
Grainger Morrison, Audio Salesman 1966-1976

VPI HW-19/Souther Tri-Quartz (Grado Sonata-1)/Eros/FP-2/Paramours (1) with MQ Iron (upgrades to all), Blumenstein Orca/Dungeness Speakers - PS Audio Regenerator

Offline earwaxxer

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2012, 02:26:46 pm »
no kidding! Maybe its defective. I guess I will have to buy another copy. Thanks
Eric
Emotiva XPA-2, Magnepan MMG (mod), Quickie (mod), JRiver, Wyrd4sound uLink, Schiit Gungnir, JPS Digital power cord, MIT power cord, JPS Labs ultraconductor wire throughout, HSU sub. powered by Crown.

Offline Grainger49

• Nixies Are Cool ! ! !
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2012, 02:50:38 am »
I don't have the Radiohead CD.  But I have had CDs that skipped and repeated that EAC copied.  I leave it overnight to take care of problem CDs.

Downloaded Media Player again and it works now.

Thanks to everyone who helped.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 03:02:00 pm by Grainger49 »
Grainger Morrison, Audio Salesman 1966-1976

VPI HW-19/Souther Tri-Quartz (Grado Sonata-1)/Eros/FP-2/Paramours (1) with MQ Iron (upgrades to all), Blumenstein Orca/Dungeness Speakers - PS Audio Regenerator